The Foundation is currently looking for a qualified individual with a CPA or CGA designation to join this dynamic board as the Treasurer.
- Serve as the Treasurer of the Society and prepare all required financial filings required by the Societies Act of BC and by the Canada Revenue agency
- Attend monthly Board meetings and prepare a Treasurer’s Report for each meeting
- Provide general accounting services and related guidance to the Board
- Chair the Finance Committee and working with the Committee and the Executive Director:
- Prepare and present annual financial statements at the Annual General Meeting
- Prepare detailed budgets for the next fiscal year for Board approval
- Review monthly financial reconciliations on a quarterly basis to ensure completion and accuracy
- Review quarterly, all liabilities and, in particular, payments to the Canada Revenue Agency for payroll withholdings
- Ensure policies are in place to ensure prudent financial management
- Review insurance annually to ensure it is sufficient for the organization
- Act as a resource to the Executive Director on financial matters
BIHCF is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive team and providing equitable opportunities in our recruitment processes. Community members with life experience and knowledge of equity, diversity, and inclusion practices and approaches are encouraged to apply.