Health care just steps from Snug Cove
The Bowen Island Community Health Centre site is located at 1037 Miller Road, Bowen Island.
The site was specifically chosen to be within relatively level walking distance from the island’s commercial area, pharmacy, ferry terminal (for visiting practitioners), and proposed seniors’ residence on a bus route, and have level entry from street and parking. It is also across the street from the ambulance station and next door to the new fire hall (under construction).
The Main or Street Level is dedicated to clinical and related services and includes
- a Treatment Room (adjacent to Ambulance Bay)
- Procedure Room
- 4 Examination Rooms, shared Physicians’ Office
- Nurse Station
- Counselling Office
To support these functions there is also:
- an Admin Office
- Waiting Area (walk-ins welcome)
- Flex/Community Room to accommodate PCN, VCH Outreach, and CHC programs and activities
- Teleconference/Meeting Room
- Executive Director’s Office
- Accessible Washrooms
- Staff Washroom
- Soiled and Clean Linen Rooms
- Wheelchair lift to the Lower Level.
The Lower Level is dedicated to a full-service dental practice, tenant rental space for allied professionals (physiotherapy, etc.), Staff Room, Bedroom for on-call physicians (who may not live on Bowen), Janitor, Laundry, Mechanical, Electrical, Server Room, Washrooms, and stairs and wheelchair lift to Main Level.