Credit: Shari Ulrich
More and expanded health care options
A health services plan was developed for the Bowen Island Community Health Centre in consultation with local doctors, other health service professionals and members of the community. The proposed service model includes:
- expanded primary and rural urgent care;
- allied professionals such as physiotherapy and mental health;
- point of care lab collection;
- full-service dental practice;
- the Caring Circle (a local society offering personal health navigation for those having difficulty accessing the health services they need);
- other health services such as hearing and vision testing, and chronic disease management including clinics such as diabetic, COPD and asthma; and
- Vancouver Coastal Health Outreach Services such as immunization, nutrition, and early childhood clinics.
That’s the vision but not all these services will be in place on day one. This service model will evolve over time as health care professionals and other tenants come on board.