The Foundation is currently looking for a qualified individual with Strategic Communications experience to join this dynamic board.
- Serve as a Director of the Society
- Attend monthly meetings and other meeting of the Board
- Chair the Communications Committee and working with the Committee and the Executive Director to:
- Develop an annual communications plan including key strategic messaging
- Co-ordinate and implement advertising and public relations activities as identified in the plan
- Ensure all communications are in alignment with our Mission Statement and Values
- Assess the effectiveness of the strategies and take corrective action if necessary
- Co-ordinate with other Committees for consistency of image and branding
- Integrate equity, diversity, and inclusion practices and approaches into the work of the Committee
- Act as a resource to the Executive Director on communication matters
BIHCF is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive team and providing equitable opportunities in our recruitment processes. Community members with life experience and knowledge of equity, diversity, and inclusion practices and approaches are encouraged to apply.