What is it
The new Bowen Island Community Health Centre will be designed and constructed for current and future health service needs of Bowen’s residents and visitors. It will provide a professional and business opportunity to attract needed physicians. The Health Centre will integrate primary care services with health promotion and illness prevention programs, and deliver additional services and programs that address local factors that affect people’s health.
Location & size
- Near Snug Cove on Lot 3 of the Community Lands, abutting the southern boundary of the Fire Hall site, on Millers Road
- Size 10,000 sq ft
Hours of operation
- Extended hours Monday through Friday
- At least half-day on weekend
- Long-term goal to have after-hours on-call service
- A core health team of primary care physicians
- Vancouver Coastal Health nursing services and clinics
- A dental practice
- Allied health professionals such as physiotherapy, social services
- Life Labs
- Future services guided by community needs and feasibility
Land Blessing and Groundbreaking Ceremony took place on Monday, 28 September 2021. The opening of the new Bowen Island Health Centre is scheduled for early 2023.