The Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF) is a $350M investment from the Government of Canada to support organizations serving affected populations as they manage the impacts of COVID-19.
$70,000 of these funds have been made available to the Bowen Island Health Centre Foundation through the Bowen Island Community Foundation.
The Health Centre Foundation is partnering with local organizations to deliver programs that clearly address a pressing social, mental, or physical well-being need heightened by COVID-19. The programs must be completed and the funds spent by March 31, 2021.
Program areas covered include:
- financial wellness
- food security
- health & hygiene
- home care or personal support services
- information & navigation
- legal support
- mental health & wellness
- social inclusions & learning
And the list below are examples of possible expenditures:
- Wages and employment-related costs for existing or additional staff
- Fees for professional service
- Disability supports for staff of the Recipient
- Materials and supplies
- Printing and communication
- Travel costs
- Rental of premises
- Lease, purchase and maintenance of equipment
- Performance monitoring and reporting costs
- Data collection
- Knowledge development activities
- Other administrative costs associated with the project.